Sunday, December 7, 2008

THE BATTLE ROYALE - GDFOs ROCKERS Vs ZALZ PLAYAS

Dear Bloggers,

A different kind of a post this time. Me and a fellow blogger http://o3.indiatimes.com/shalz_space were discussing about soccer and who are the present day footballers who rock around the clock.

We decided to come up with a list of 20 of our favourite players (playing now). When we came up with the list we found that quite a few of our choices were identical.

We then decided to take it one level further and pit a team of players from my 20 favourite players against a team from Shalz’s 20 favourite players. The rules for the game will be the same as any soccer match. Each side has eleven players and 3 substitutes allowed. Both teams will play in a 4-3-3 Formation. The match is going to be played in Stadio Delle Alpi, Juventus’ home stadium (decided by me as I am posting this :D).

All we need you to do is to vote which team is going to win this BATTLE ROYALE. Below mentioned are the starting line ups and the substitutes.

GDFO’s ROCKERS V/S ZALZ PLAYAS

Goalkeeper:

Petr Cech GianLuigi Buffon

Defenders:

William Gallas Paolo Maldini
John Terry Alessandro Nesta
Rio Ferdinand Fabio Cannavaro
Carlos Puyol Gianluigi Zambrotta

Midfielders:

Zinedine Zidane Kaka
Francesco Totti Michael Ballack
Pavel Nedved Frank Lampard

Forwards:

Andriy Shevchenko Ronaldinho
Samuel Eto’o Adriano
Thierre Henry Hernan Crespo

Substitutes:

Luis Figo Pablo Aimar
Roy Keane Andrea Pirlo
Ronaldo Wayne Rooney

The other great players who found a mention in our lists but haven’t featured in the line ups are as follows:

Oliver Kahn, Dida, Lillian Thurram, Xabi Alonso, Ruud Van Nistelrooy.

Please do let us know if there are any other players who could have featured in these present day greats list.

Looking forward to a great match and a hell of a lot of votes and comments from you all.

So, without any further ado, let the games begin and may the best team win. Onward to Battle, my men…………………………..

Shalz:
gdfo, :D since one is my team, i can't vote, but let's see ur Rockers against my Playas:D and delle alpi eh:D why not san siro ;) C'monnnnnnnnnn Zalz Playas!!!!!

AngelzFear:

Oh My GOD, I first saw Maldini and plumped for that team...but then I saw Zidane and Nedved in the opposite team....the pendulum swung....but them Andriano and Ronaldinho tilted the balance again.... All boiled down to the reserves....Ronaldo, Figo and Keane ...this team has some real depth....Zidane..Nedved..Ronaldo...Figo..Tottie...its got to be this team.... ROCKERS....ROCCKEEERS...ROOOOOCCCKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Btw...Has Beckham gone down so much???

Rpramod:

With defenders from Italy and forwards from Brazil - no other team can come close - PLAYAS for me. Go Shalz!!!!!!!

Shilpa:

gdfo....very unique post indeed....i do like Zinedine Zidane thanks 2 my crazy bro...but i wud say Go Nesta!! for obvious reasons :"> So GO ZHALZZZZZZZZZZZ:)

Sunny:

I like Zidane a lotttt....but also Ronaldinho....& Alessandro...&......err...Fantistico Kaka too!!....So, my vote goes to Z Playas!....Go Shalzzzzz!! :)

Guys... where are you???? Ain't seeing many votes???? Wazzup.... Vote for me... I`m losing 3 : 1...

Leon_Nerd:

I don't know much about the ratings in soccer. I hope the better team wins. BUt I too have a preference ;) GDFO’s ROCKERS WILL WIN !!!!!!!!! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ROCKERS GOOOOO !!!!

Guy on black YBX:

Hiya pal, aint dat gud follower of dis game, thats good idea to play :-D but do know few names :P, let me see Zinedine Zidane , Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Francesco Tottie, Paolo Maldini huh these are the guys how i know in both teams and the team containing more than 2 of these names will win :p, thats how am calculating. so lets c who will be the winner for me, for me GDFO’s ROCKERS is the winner, cheer up pal :D. Naveen

Naresh:

Hey deb, i wonder why you guys insist on pulling out Zidane & Nedved out of retirement. Same for the likes of Thuram, Figo, Kahn... They are mostly yesterday's news. On the looks of it, i'd vote for GDFO... For all the Brazilians upfront and the Italians stuffed at the back, (shrewdly done!) Zalz got a bunch of workhorses in midfield. No match against the likes of Zizou n' Pavel in that part of the pitch. And the game is won in mid-field

Thx guyz... mez up 2... 4:3 now... But wr r da rest?? ain`t many peepz in2 soccer these days..... Waitin` for those votes.....

Prasad:

Dammm itz too close man.....but me hav to go wit GDFO's rockers.... my analysis for the decision.....both teams are equally matched in defending and FWD's.... well GDFO has in my view a clear advantage in the midfield where the playmaker comes into play and Nedved and Roy Keane surpass everyone..... Nedved.......Henry......GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Flaash:

Ok. Let me make a tough decison here Petr Cech Vs Buffon .......hmm I prefer Buffon (viva zalz!) Rio Ferdinand vs Maldini..hmm Ferdinand (dont like those Italians too much neway) (viva rockers) Kaka ballack lampard on midfield ; no question a better combo (viva zalz again!!) Henry Vs Adriano ..hmm hmmm tough choice (Henry plays for Arsenal -my team! so Henry it is ) (viva rockers)..sentimental decision Rockers have Keane, Figo, Ronaldo for substitution..hmmm ..mm any day bettr than Rooney n co (viva rockers ) Sorry Zalz ; Rockers it is !!!! cheers flaash (psssttt...GTFO had promised me a full bottle Scotch for voting for him. Zalz u got a better offer???I'm like a mercenary for alcohol)

Dabbu:

Hi getdfunkout, Hmmmmm, tough call to vote..........my mind says GDFO’s ROCKERS but heart say ZALZ PLAYAS. So, i will go with ZALZ PLAYAS

The outcome: 6-4 for GDFO's Rockers

No comments: