Wednesday, December 3, 2008

MY Mouche - The long n short of it (Redux)

This was my first blog.. way back in 2005... Transferring from another website....
Bloggin for the first time, so do ignore the little gaffes and faux pas. Inspired from a friend, roomie, quiz partner (when he his other renowned partners deserted him) whose posts on his quizzing exploits and subsequent bike selling adventures has become the stuff of legends here I am told. Will write about him and other species of hostelites who i had to survive with sometime later.
Today i am going to write about my mouche (rather the lack of It). It used to be quite a dilemma that is commonly faced at the time of puberty (and ever after) whether to keep the shock of hair on the upper lip or not; Most of it had to do with the image, mouche = macho, serious, knowledgable etc. In short “mouche nahin to kuch nahin". On the other hand, also heard stories of girls getting turned off at the time of amorous adventures with guys who sported the same. (Only stories coz, me and kissing or anything to do with the opposite sex for that matter were light years apart, other than in dreams of course.
In the end I decided to stick with it since i was to lazy to shave every 2 days. Managed to attract attention of a fair dame for the first time (VICTORY!!!!!! at last) in Class 10, she didn`t mind the mouche. Maybe because we never got closer than holding hands hence it wasn`t too instrusive. However, good times never last (at least for me they don`t) and she left me for this other guy. He was clean shaven (Point to be noted; I thought to myself).

Secondary education completed and i still stuck with it. By now the lack of any further interactions with the opposite sex was driving me into deeper and deeper levels of frustrations. Especially when i used to see guys far beneath me in terms of class rankings etc. roaming around with arm candies. Used to think on the lines of that pathbreaking ad, “Whatz he got that I ain`t got. All of the single and DESPERATE to Mingle fraternity always had an opinion about the non members of the group, which was to the tune of “If this C$%@ could get a babe why can't we?” Till then never dawned on me that my mouche could by the force field that drive women away whenever I tried to get close.

Hence Higher secondary came and went and so did the first year of college with countless propositions made and all rejected. One day one of my knowledgable friends came up with the idea that i would look better without a mouche. I thought about it at length, after all who doesn`t want to look good and be impressive at the same time. After a lot of trials and tribulations and dithering too, decided to get a mouche cut alongwith the customary monthly haircut (Ohh, those were the days!!!!!).

Expected the next day in college to be seen as the equivalent of a rockstar, girls all around me and asking for my number and stuff (Did have a dream to that effect too, if i remember rightly). However, reality was stragely different. No winks. no shy smiles and hence no numbers. All i got was some uncharitable comments from the class bullies about being a unable to decipher my sexual orientation.
However, decided to take all that into my stride and get back into my mouchy ways. Oops... boss has realised that this isn`t the minutes of the umpteenth meeting which i was supposed to send out. Gotta run now and finish off the work.

Watch this space for the concluding story of me `n my mouche (if you are still interested or if you all have such a lot of time to waste that is). Signing off....

No comments: