Thursday, December 4, 2008

My mouche - The long and Short of it - The sequel (Redux too)

Hi friends. Feeling on top of the world today. My first post and 34 views.

WOWIEEEEEEEEEEEE. Time i wrote a book a masterpiece. Booker’s here I come. JUST KIDDING. At least 14 out of them would have been my own views i guess (got too excited about my creative exploits). Got the creative juices flowing too. (Pun Intended).

Anyways, got to carry on with my story now. So i went back to my mouchy ways in college. Same story thereafter. No love, no light in my life, still more propositions & still the same refusal of cupid's arrow to strike the one I was attracted to. The arrows had an atrocious similarity to them. All of them missed their mark and all were on the same one way traffic like the umpteen Mumbai flyovers.

In the meanwhile got admission to a MBA course in Mumbai. Never had to think twice about accepting it. The declared reason was as described in my profile “Mumbai is the financial capital of India, with loads of opportunities etc.” What I actually meant was “Opportunities” of a different kind. My friends of different hues agreed in one voice; “Mumbai main jo gaya uska to girlfriend hona hi hona hai”. So I packed my bags and went off to Aamchi Mumbai Mouche n all. Somehow got admission into the college hostel. More about that later. One of our esteemed bloggers has quite a big grievance against me because of that.

In class within the first few days managed to strike up a great friendship with one of the best looking girls in my class. She was a mallu. Again someone well known around these parts went “BLUE” with envy (Borrowed from the “dumbo” style of speaking perfected by another of our brethren in college). Went around with her for a month or so. Then one night in a drunken state I called her up at around 12.30 in the night. Her sister took the call & that was the end of that. I tried very hard to pataofy her back, but she turned a deaf ear to all my pleas and apologies and promises (to never do it again). So i turned to one of my closest friends (& her's as well) to try and see if he could turn the tide in my favor. One of the first things that he told me was she would definitely be more attracted to me if I shaved off my mouche. After a whole lot of advices later I was almost on the verge of getting it shaved off, when I finally realized (Thank GOD) that mouche or no mouche “Tera kuch nahi ho saakta Kaaliya“ and accepted my fate.

Eventually we happened to go to watch a cricket match at a friend’s place. There the truth came out finally from one of my "friends" (after gulping a lot of beer) that there was a bet on to get me to shave off my mouche. Felt like breaking all the teeth on the B.....'s face and shoving them up you know where. However, GOD smiled on me and the babe he was trying to get laid with saw sense and walked out. A classic case of “Do unto others what you want others to do unto you“.

Went back home on one of the vacations and decided to finally get rid of my beloved mouche, even though i was superstitious it would affect my results. Somehow I always thought that the “Mouche is the source of my energy” and irrespective of whether I studied or not it had some kind of a magical effect on the examiner that I managed to pass always. (Later on I realized that it was more to do with my handwriting, as illegible as ever, than the magical qualities I thought my mouche was bestowed with).

So one fine day i did the hitherto unthinkable and shaved my mouche off. I came back to Mumbai and at least one of the girls was of the opinion that I looked a lot younger than before. Exams went fine as well and my love life also looked up. Will write about the details of that and sum more in the blogs to come.

But to this day I wonder what might have been if it hadn’t been for that one fateful night and that one misplaced phone call. Seeing trailers of Sharukh in Paheli with a well endowed mouche got back all those memories to life once again. Anyways thanks for reading if you still have had the enthu to. Can’t stop my creative urge, now that the genie has been released from the bottle. So guess you all will have to either block all my posts or suffer the consequences of reading them.
BFN, Be back with more Unsure of the timelines. To borrow from one of the oft forwarded mails, “I like deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make while passing by”.

No comments: